Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Weber tuning

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Damn WaffleHead, that is one hell of a roll of toilet paper you have there. Car must have really taken a shit on you.

toilet paper ? … nono, that's small tissue for my nose. I have a light cold, no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Well you are getting there Barry.

Ron
    Thanks Ron, indeed a lot of work to just renew a clutch…. on my Beemers CS from '70 it takes 2 hours to demount the gearbox.
    Here on the Morgan a day for the engine.....and half the car

it is of course the moment for a clean up engine bay and some paint…. and also to remove the automatic oiling system components of the front suspension . Already long cut and out of duty , that system was tried by Morgan in those years ….a electric valve could let drops of engine oil pressure to the front suspension king pins … but never worked good. So all were cut and replaced by common grease nipples to be greased every 1000 miles !

Also looking for a new radiator now he's out , i see some white deposits in the bottom radiator , and yes, i had to add little bit of coolant from time to time.

Car has only 30K miles…. but is after all 30 years old.

I have some white deposits in the bottom of my underwear. Is that the same?

Senior Member Funding Member Al G's Avatar
    I'm surprised so much disassembly was needed. I thought pulling the engine would be an easy job on a car as simple as the Morgan.

Al, this is WaffleHead we are talking about. You need to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Al G View Post
    I'm surprised so much disassembly was needed. I thought pulling the engine would be an easy job on a car as simple as the Morgan.
    me too Al, but the car was designed for a little 40HP tractor engine , and engines became bigger with the years ….in '89 they put a big 140 HP 16V injected engine in it ….( Rover M16 ) .
    Of course exhaust , but also inlet manifold, alternator ,engine mounts ( compete ), radiator, nose etc... must be removed. Even then pulling is just possible, no clearance …..
    On some models with Ford engines it works better if fan and water pump are removed to make the engine shorter . Not on this Rover , has the waterpump backwords .

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I have some white deposits in the bottom of my underwear. Is that the same?
    That is not good Silver , you should see a doctor.
    Bottom i mean , they should be at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by belgiumbarry View Post
    me too Al, but the car was designed for a little 40HP tractor engine , and engines became bigger with the years ….in '89 they put a big 140 HP 16V injected engine in it ….( Rover M16 ) .
    Of course exhaust , but also inlet manifold, alternator ,engine mounts ( compete ), radiator, nose etc... must be removed. Even then pulling is just possible, no clearance …..
    On some models with Ford engines it works better if fan and water pump are removed to make the engine shorter . Not on this Rover , has the waterpump backwords .
    Well Barry, I was going to suggest that you drop one of these: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...k-zz-572-720-r in that Morgan while you have the engine out, but it sounds like it might be a tight squeeze

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Well Ted the BBC would get my vote.

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    BBC = British Broadcasting Co-operation.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Ya, since I'm an old dinosaur, I still love a big ol Rat motor. I'm sure the LS/LT motors are a more efficient performance platform, but they sure don't look as good when you open the hood.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnride View Post
    Well Barry, I was going to suggest that you drop one of these: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...k-zz-572-720-r in that Morgan while you have the engine out, but it sounds like it might be a tight squeeze

Ted
    Ted, i'm afraid that would twist the car instead of the wheels.
    And no need… you must be brave to drive 100 mph in that wooden soapbox.

Quote Originally Posted by belgiumbarry View Post
    Ted, i'm afraid that would twist the car instead of the wheels.
    And no need… you must be brave to drive 100 mph in that wooden soapbox.
    So what is the purpose of owning one then? Providing a mobile home for termites?

oh, it's a fun car Silver. In the end it has 140HP for only 900 kg.... Sunny days cruising and enjoying the landscape , it can ( at least) hold up with modern traffic. I think one can compare it with a Cobra, without the "useless" extra 200...300 HP... sure nowadays with speed cameras all over the place . I still have my driving license and has a incredible mpg , which is nice with our gas prices…. yes, it's a keeper !

Just cleaned today some surface rust in the engine bay and paint. Also painted the headers and some little parts.
    Still no invoice from the UK for the needed parts….

PS when i want to feel 450 HP in a solid car i have my blown beemer 850 ...

it is more fun to drive a slower car fast than a fast car slow.
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 07-17-2019 at 12:46 AM.