Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
Results 1,181 to 1,199 of 1199

Thread: Weber tuning

Senior Member Funding Member
    Or as they say..Third time's a charm.

okay , back on topic .... after boats and wimmen detour , i pulled the engine.... to see in 1993 Porsche was still named Porchse

SAM_3378.jpgSAM_3374.jpg

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    What? Let's get back to the wimmens.

Okay , 18-19 September we have our first regularity rally after the Covid shut down.... it will be organized "Covid-proof" , so without large group gatherings and spectators.... preparing the car now , so that i don't have to wrench late into the night before the event ... i'm used to that .

Further i began making plans for a carb setup to replace the K-Jetronic injection ( CIS ) on the "regularity" 928.....that CIS system is far more complex then one should think , and by now almost 40 years old.... It's till working perfect but in case of problems i want to be ready and do the switch and not invest anymore in that CIS system. ( expensive parts , if not NLA... )
    I see people struggle to repair such systems.... while carbs are so simple&reliable , and it clears up the engine bay quite a lot !

Versus the rally car , with trumpets that protrude the hood , i want to keep everything under the hood. So i bought Weber IDF44 instead of IDA48 , with low profile manifolds, 15 mm trumpets and 45 mm air filters it must be possible. I will loose some hp ?? , sure some torque.... but for regularity that 310 hp engine is more then enough... doesn't matter if we go down 10%.....reliable, that's what counts. Nice winter project....

Started manifold design... must keep it under 50 mm height...
    SAM_3394.jpg

Have fun Norbert and above all be safe.

Magnolia TX, Between the meth heads and the snotty exurb
    That's the sort of stuff I like. Just for fun, I thought about making a GM TPI ish looking fabbed intake manifold.

okay , think i'm ready for the rally... changed to the spare hood with extra lights ( Friday evening is in the dark ) , strapped a spare wheel in the trunk "box" ( a 928 has no place for a "real" spare wheel) and made a sump protection plate.

SAM_3407.jpgSAM_3413.jpgSAM_3419.jpg

Ok, looks like you are ready to go....good luck.

Senior Member Funding Member Al G's Avatar
    Looking good. Best of luck to you.

WaffleHead, your skid plate has holes in it.

As always good luck in the race, but more importantly stay safe my friend.

thanks for the support ... and Silver , if something touches the sump cooling holes that high , we are not yet at home.

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    Best of luck Barry and as Silver said, stay safe above all. Have fun and enjoy the race.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Good luck in the race, Dad! Oh, and I’ll say another prayer for the forest creatures that will have to endure with a lifetime of blindness from that quad rack of headlights.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

haha, normally i prefer my LED lights for those forest stages at night.... those now are common 55W spots....but we drive in the "expert" historic class in which cars must be contemporate ... so LED is banned by the rules.

On the BMW i once put 100W bulbs in it ... but the profit is minimal, the lights shine further then we really need and at risk of the alternator... 600W at the front is already much amps ...

LED rally lights are amazing , low consumption , you don't have to aim them very carefully .... and almost daylight in front of you !

Moderator Funding Member James Stern's Avatar
    Barry good luck and stay safe.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Magnolia TX, Between the meth heads and the snotty exurb
    Keep the shiny side up.

already at home...

started Friday night leg great .. P7 on 125 .... this AM a navigation error got us down at P12 .... and then some engine problems began.... Leg3 PM down to P19 and we abandoned the rally .... accel we had some engine hesitations which became worse and worse. First i thought i had found a problem ( split hose on vacuum advance) , was better for only a few miles.... so i thought fuel problems. And indeed , after filling up ( from 1/2 tank ) it was a bit better , more static pressure to the intake of the pump.... but still poor torque.

so yes, this will only help my plans to convert that old school complex K-Jetronic injection to Weber carbs !

Sorry to hear it did not work out better for you Norbert.

Solve the problems and come back next time and kick ass.