Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Official F1 Discussion Thread

pitty for the race .... i think Ham's intention was "you or me out"..... he couldn't imagine to loose in front of his UK crowd.
    Glad he got a penalty , so official the "fault" was his.

Our Flemisch commentator ( and race pilot) said that in Ham's track position he could never have taken that turn at his speed without going outwards on Max.
    We also see Max takes his turn line as he must have thought , this is my corner , and didn't expect Ham still there .

o well, i see more collisions in the future between those 2

Senior Member Funding Member
    Can you say Prost and Senna?

indeed Sam ... just can't see any news on Max condition this morning ( Belgian time ) . Hope he is alright.
    The impact would have been at 51 G ?

More news on it seems to claim the 10 sec penalty was ridiculous low.....for dangerous driving , sure in such high speed turn.

Don't know more details as we have seen on TV , but i do know Ham runs with his nose into Max's rear wheel ... so he sure wasn't "next" to him anymore .

and we all know that when driving on the friction limit in a corner a rear wheel don't need much side push to go into a spin .....

on the other hand FIA and Merc are ..... ? in the end there is a lot of money involved.....doesn't help fair play.
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 07-18-2021 at 11:57 PM.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Hamilton said he had nothing to be sorry about and that he had the line.

Four feet wide of the apex and he hits the right rear of Max. Wonder what line he was talking about.

Not sure that Max will take Hamilton out, but maybe Perez can get some pay back.

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    Hamilton is F-1s version of Kyle Bush. He never does anything wrong and it is always someone else's fault.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Hard racing, sometimes shite happens. This isn't tennis.
    Could Lewis have taken a tighter line? Maybe, but he was racing for the lead, and using some track positioning to get it, Could Max have stayed more to the outside? Sure, but he clearly didn't expect Hamilton to be abreast of him, on the inside. I saw it as a racing incident, but it was certainly unfortunate that Max was taken completely out of the race.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

yes, but Ham had a full view on Max "in front" of him....Max not at all. Or maybe some little image in his mirror.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Max even gave a quick turn to the left to make more room for the shit bag.

I'm sorry, but when you hit someones right rear with your left front you are not in the lead.

Max got a taste of his own medicine. Not the best corner for Lewis to show some teeth.

I don't like neither, would have love to see Leclerc win... nice to see McLaren up there, Norris might win one this year.

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    No way could hamilton have made it past Max here so he just bulldozed his way in there. They should have not let him have any points for the race.

Hamilton clearly has a serious personality flaw.
    Pulling a stunt like that at 200 miles per hour is a clear indication of an unbalanced sense of proportion.

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    No way could hamilton have made it past Max here so he just bulldozed his way in there. They should have not let him have any points for the race.

Pulling a stunt like that at 200 miles per hour is a clear indication of an unbalanced sense of proportion.

I agree 100% anybody else would have gotten a one race suspension. F1 has bail reform now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post

With Max Redbull form in the sprint race, there was only one way for Hamilton to have any hope of winning... That was it.