Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I did for the holidays

Senior Member KING Nomad Funding Member nomad's Avatar
    And meanwhile the super spreaders continue to party on.

I'm beginning to be concerned about our collective future folks.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    Here is the email that I received from Bruce this morning and he gave me permission to post it.

Thanks Ron,
    I don't use the walker anymore now but oxygen levels deplete quickly with much movement.
    I use the lung exerciser every hour when awake and that helps.
    I will start walking in the house
    back and forth till oxygen level
    dips into mid 80's. I have been doing that but will now record it to see if I can improve. Blood sugar and blood pressure are good and resting oxygen is improving just poor endurance.

Other news: Sold GT happy with result and ordered a 2021 Porsche Turbo S. Very happy about that they think early spring delivery. I did not do McLaren because of two things. I will never be capable of driving a car like that anywhere near 10/10 anymore and reliability. My GT3 has never had and issue of any kind and we really pounded it in 2016 and 2017. McLaren's seem to have lots of issues.
    The Turbo is something that I can enjoy every day so that is how we went. My wife loves the idea too which helps a lot. Hoping to be free of oxygen in about one month but we shall see. Thanks for asking, please say hi to everyone for me.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Congratulations on the sale of the GT. When you get a chance tell us more about the Porsche.

Senior Member Funding Member
    Magnolia TX, Between the meth heads and the snotty exurb
    Bruce-

Really glad to hear it didn't take you out. Do all you can to rehabilitate but not a bit more. The line between strengthening and damaging is very thin and jagged. I'm sure we're all praying for you.
    And good call on passing on the Mclaren. Amazing cars but the newer ones have a bit too much complexity and small production runs to get all of the kinks ironed out. You'll be the beta tester.

Bruce, glad you are doing better. Just take it a day at a time. Glad also you sold the GT. How did you finally sell it? I saw you didn't sell through BAT. Best wishes.

Here is the email that I received from Bruce this morning. He really seems to be picking up speed in his recovery if he just doesn't over do it and cause a setback.

I am off oxygen completely now even at night. Getting a little more endurance too. Moved the trailer over to the garage side of the house after they picked up GT yesterday. I could not get the tongue and ball separated and started getting really tired so I came in, besides it was raining.
    I will try again today might just get it to a neutral position and pull the shank out of the Jeep receiver.
    Good luck with all that you have on your plate!

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Awesome update! Stay the course, Bruce!
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Hi Everybody,

Well I am weened off the oxygen bottle now and it is a lot easier to sleep without the tubes blowing oxygen in your nose.
    Thank you everybody for all your kind wishes and prayers I am sure it helped. I pray that none of you get this horrible disease
    I thought I was pretty tough but not any more. Every day I set little goals to accomplish and then try to do more the next day.
    Today I got my Jeep disconnected from my trailer, that went well so I thought I would remove a rear wheel on the Cobra.
    That did not go well this old body could not muster the strength to apply 500 lb/ft to break the nut loose. So I went in the house and let oxygen levels return to normal.
    I am unhappy with rear pressures and want to design a bolt on bracket to adapt a larger radial mount caliper and pad to reduce rear line pressure. I am not up to getting my impact gun out so will have to wait awhile. Many thanks to Ron for helping me with communication to my Cobra friends. I could just send emails on my phone while in bed. Hope you are all well and happy and your projects are going great!

Bruce

Great to see you posting again. Take your time and I'm sure you will be good as new when this is over.

Bruce, glad you are doing well and getting better each day. Too bad Silver couldn't be there to jump up and down on the breaker bar for you, but you can tackle that another day. Stay well.

It is great to see you improving so much Bruce and just keep setting small goals and don't try to do to much to soon.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Very cool to have Bruce posting, again. I sure wish I was closer to assist him with wrenching on 3170 though.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Moderator Funding Member James Stern's Avatar
    Bruce,

I just read this to Jan. She said congratulations from another person who knows what it is to try. TRIED is the word. That can be your success for the day.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

That is exactly what my Dr. said in the hospital, he said if you give up and don't fight it you will not make it out of the hospital. There is a device that they use to measure lung capacity where you breathe in and it determines volume of air displaced. When I started I was at 500 the scale goes to 4000. I am at 1500 now and gain about 100 on the scale per week. A normal person would be about 2500 to 3000 so I have at least 10 more weeks to get anywhere near normal. I use this exerciser about once an hour every waking hour. You have to try to improve everyday or you can slip back and I sure don't want that. I plan on giving blood too so that someone else might benefit from my antibodies. They gave me plasma with antibodies when I was sickest and I am sure that helped save me along with Remdesivir and of course massive amounts of oxygen. Mental attitude is very important no matter what the physical problem is, according to my doctor.

Bruce, the fighting attitude is what it takes and I'm glad you have it in spades. You are setting goals and achieving them and that's what counts. Stay strong.

Ditto what Sam said.