Thread: Disgusting

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar

Disgusting

Maybe some of you will like this but I think it is sacrilege to the Cobra.

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/11/24...obra-for-2021/

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    Well, snake bites from the side pipes will be a thing of the past. It will hhmmmm along instead of vrrooooo.
    Our world is not divided by Race, Color, Gender or Religion. Our world is divided into wise people and fools. And fools divide themselves by Race, Color, Gender or Religion.

Nelson Mandela

"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f--- things up."

Barack Obama

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    The only Cobra manufacturers that actually have real capital backing them are arguably Superformance, Kirkham and maybe Backdraft and/or Factory Five. Then you have to consider recent legislation like what they passed in the U.K....no petroleum burning new cars to be sold there after 2030. So if Lance Stander (owns the Superformance brand and all distribution rights...the actual cars are built by Hi-Tech in South Africa, an entirely separate company not affiliated with them) wants to be able to sell NEW cars in the U.K in a decade, he has to start thinking about that now.

With the Biden’s of the world approaching new posts, the U.S. will only follow that trend.

Sad to say, but there is probably a market (a very thin one) today for a novelty such as an electric Cobra. I see it as more a marketing gimmick and tool to stay relevant rather than an extension of the brand. The world’s auto manufacturers are now all racing to greatly ramp up e-car production. We drive dinosaurs and burn them, too. That whole genre is vanishing and internal combustion (using fossil fuels as we know them today) will arguably disappear in 20-30 years. The tree huggers and environmentalists are winning the debate as a new generation decides how they want their society to act. We are powerless to this phenomena...it’s just part of being on the backend of an older generation.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Last year Newsom signed a law that no internal combustion can be sold in California after 2025. And so far as I can find out that includes all lawn and garden equipment. I guess he and Pelosi will put the big farmers out of business as an electric tractor or bulldozer won't cut it. Also he wants to add a $200 tax on electric vehicle registrations to make up for lost smog inspection revenue and then another tax as yet undetermined to charge for the over use of electricity to charge these dam farces.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Hope I never see one. Not sure how I would react.

It could be a poo flinging event.

Senior Member Funding Member
    Magnolia TX, Between the meth heads and the snotty exurb
    They should save the electric conversions for Triump TR7 or Lotus Esprit or similar wedge looking cars.

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luce_ View Post
    They should save the electric conversions for Triump TR7 or Lotus Esprit or similar wedge looking cars.
    Or MGs that constantly have mechanical and electrical issues (e-power won't help their rust problems though).
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Problems that Liberals and Politicians can't seem to recognize.

1. What about the disposal of old batteries and no matter what they say, these batteries do wear out.

2. Electricity shortages and where are you going to get more power to keep them going. They won't allow any new generating plants to be built.

3. What about cleanup after wrecks. And yes there will be wrecks and no matter how much they deny it those batteries can be broken.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Hey, they just vote in problems. You can't expect them to think about solutions too. Come on man!!

Magnolia TX, Between the meth heads and the snotty exurb
    Also consider.

The modern turbo diesel is 41% efficient.
    The electric grid is only 33% efficient.
    The electric car loses another 5% on the charging and discharging of the batteries, and the electric propulsion is only about 90% efficient.

You add all of those losses up and the diesel is almost twice as efficient a mode of transport on a BTU/mile basis, but .gov tax on motor vehicle fuel bring the electric car almost into contention.
    a

Dammit Brian, don't try to use logic, or facts when discussing something with the environment extremist.

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
    Or MGs that constantly have mechanical and electrical issues (e-power won't help their rust problems though).
    Yeah - as an AC Cobra it's only appropriate that all the batteries and electronics be provided by Lucas. That's Lucas as in - why do the British drink warm beer - their refrigerators are built by Lucas. Yeah, I know - it's an old joke.
    Our world is not divided by Race, Color, Gender or Religion. Our world is divided into wise people and fools. And fools divide themselves by Race, Color, Gender or Religion.

Nelson Mandela

"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f--- things up."

Barack Obama

There was an old tavern in Portland that was in what they called Produce Row. The majority of the produce came into that 6 or 8 block area.

Anyway, they had over a 100 beers on tap. And if you liked you could get a punch card and if you had a glass of all the different beers you got something for free. No idea what it was as I did not care.

So one of the beers was an English ale served at room temperature. It was really dark and thick. If you swirled it around the glass it hung on the side of the glass like motor oil or molasses.

And before anyone asks, no I never tried it. My friend did and was only able to take a couple sips and gave up.

Seems like a year ago but this was September, 2020.
    Executive order directs state to require that, by 2035, all new cars and passenger trucks sold in California be zero-emission vehicles.

E vehicles use the roads without currently paying taxes that are normally paid at the gas pumps. Those are the lost revenues that may be looked at and levied on the EVs.

Senior Member Funding Member Carlewms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luce_ View Post
    Also consider.

The modern turbo diesel is 41% efficient.
    The electric grid is only 33% efficient.
    The electric car loses another 5% on the charging and discharging of the batteries, and the electric propulsion is only about 90% efficient.

You add all of those losses up and the diesel is almost twice as efficient a mode of transport on a BTU/mile basis, but .gov tax on motor vehicle fuel bring the electric car almost into contention.
    a
    Then throw in the environmental cost of making and disposing of the batteries. The entire life cycle of the technology needs to be addressed. EV’s don’t look so “clean” in that light.
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (https://www.talkcobra.com/album.php?u=1201)

They have blinders on Carl that only allow them to look at the positive aspects of it.