Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please welcome our new member Paganini

Administrator Funding Member Kevins's Avatar

Please welcome our new member Paganini

We have a new member, Paganini (Franklyn). Here's what he had to say and also some photos he provided:

I am a married semi retired classical violinist living in Colfax CA in the Sierra Nevada mtns just west of Lake Tahoe. I own a C7 Grand Sport and a 350Z. Im purchasing a new cobra at the same time as my son so we can share the experience together.
    I also intend to purchase a 1969 Gulf Livery SPF GT40 in the next year or so.
    Reading the forum, you seem to be a great bunch of guys and I look forward to reading about your experiences with your cars.

Franklyn, we have a lot in common! I was first violinist in Jr. high school and went on to play in a city-sponsored youth orchestra. Impressive, huh? Unfortunately, I didn't stick with it. It was a long time ago but had to do with sports and motorcycles.

Anyway, nice looking cars. We have a number of Vette enthusiasts here who periodically discuss their favorite version(s). I assume the photo of the cobra is what you're in the process of buying - is that a Backdraft?

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

Kevin

Senior Member Funding Member
    Magnolia TX, Between the meth heads and the snotty exurb
    If you're just now joining, you're just now able to see our secret pages and will soon learn we're not such nice people.

But we do have fun.

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    Some nice looking cars. Welcome to the forum.
    Our world is not divided by Race, Color, Gender or Religion. Our world is dived into wise people and fools. And fools divide themselves by Race, Color, Gender or Religion.

Nelson Mandela

Welcome. Like the Cobra. Details?

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    Franklyn,

Welcome to the site and you have some fantastic cars and a classic violinist on top of that. I had a friend that played piano in the Los Angles Sympathy orchestra and then he went on a tour and played in New York. He finally quit as he said he was just tired of the travel and also the long days of practice. I think it is great that you and you son can share the experience together and the GT-40 will be an amazing car also.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Luce_ View Post
    If you're just now joining, you're just now able to see our secret pages and will soon learn we're not such nice people.

But we do have fun.
    Damn Brian, don't scare him away. That is the job for Nomad or myself.

Anyway, welcome to the forum Franklyn and hope you enjoy your stay.

And soon you are going to have a damn fine stable of cars.

My guess is that it is a Superformance in the picture.

Senior Member KING Nomad Funding Member nomad's Avatar

Smile

Welcome from up north!

Just as an aside,

I can still tootle a pretty mean Three Blind Mice on my recorder!

I'll just see myself to the door.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Moderator Funding Member James Stern's Avatar
    Welcome Paganini. You are obviously a "car guy" and should get along well here. You might just class up the joint.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    You might just class up the joint.
    OK - which one of you guys is sitting around posting in your underwear?
    Our world is not divided by Race, Color, Gender or Religion. Our world is dived into wise people and fools. And fools divide themselves by Race, Color, Gender or Religion.

Nelson Mandela

Not me. I don't wear underwear.

I'm nekkid right now.

Silver, TMI
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Well I guess I can't post any pictures then to prove it can I.

Please don't do that.

You guys are a laugh riot! I haven't even taken my coat off yet and you're talking about underwear already! Too much! If would've quit sealing my patio earlier if I'd known it'd be this much fun!

I hear the "I used to play the violin" a lot. If you could draw the bow across the string you put in quite a bit of time. The violin is one of the least ergonomic devices ever conceived by a human so I applaud every one who made the effort! I've been saying "I hafta practice" since I was four years old and after nearly 60 years I'm moving on to my true loves. My heart was always with my cars starting with my red '62 Volvo P-1800. Dated my wife in that car and went on our honeymoon to Sequoia and Kings Cyn Natl Park in it. Picked up a new '78 Indy Pace Car Vette and kept that for 27 years, had an S2000 which was great and still use a cherry 350Z as a runabout.

The Cobra is currently a SPF rolling chassis I pushed out into the sun for a better look at the Viper Steel Grey paint. I've got a great story about it in the works that I can't share at the moment (why is it that nobody can keep a secret on the internet...?) but will do so after the Craft 408/TKO600 is built and installed. Craft is about 8 weeks out on a delivery so I'm left with "driving" Cobras on Youtube until December. The top pic of the Vette is the morning of the 2019 Corvette Caravan arrival into Bowling Green for the 25th anniversary of the NCM. My wife fell in love with the C8 which helped her deal with 3 full days at the museum. Drove 8,000 miles of Continental US paradise in 3 weeks. Loved every mile of that trip except for the hydroplane "holy poop!" scare in a downpour in Minnesota while passing a semi. It's easy to forget 335 tires don't like to mix water and traction in Sport mode. (Oops... I forgot about Weather mode...) Didn't even mind washing the car every night after finding a hotel as it always has a smile on its face the next morning. But it is just too comfortable to drive for a quicky fun run. I rented a FFR Daytona for two days this summer with my oldest son (who owns a Prowler and a Scat Pack Challenger) during a CA heat wave and had a great time sweating in that rolling thunder blasting around Lake Tahoe and the surrounding Sierras. It was a test to see if I was truly able to handle the Cobra ambience or not. So, let's do this before it's too late in life!

Senior Member KING Nomad Funding Member nomad's Avatar
    Nice Post Paganini.

I have no Life of my own,

so I live vicariously through the Lives of others.

Just told a phone caller that I just came in from sealing my patio to take the call.

Cheers.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

No problem nomad. Just spell my name correctly on the royalty check next year...
    $$$

Lake Tahoe is probably my favorite place to vacation as it is one of the most beautiful areas in the US. Mind you that is just one apes opinion.

I forget if it was in 2009 or 2010 but my senior bride and I took a month long road trip in the Cobra and one of the places we went was Lake Tahoe for a week. Great place for a Cobra when the weather is nice.

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    That trip to Sequoia and Kings Canyon sounds as if it was fun. I lived close to them and spent a lot of time in there hiking through the woods and just enjoying the sights. It was my get away place for semester breaks from college plus I did work in Yosemite on weekends during school. But I never had any nice cars to drive. I am looking forward to more pictures and posts from you.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Ron, I was thinking maybe Paganini could post a video of him playing some nice soothing violin music. You know, like music to sooth the savage beast Silverback. Just a thought.

Sorry Sam, music does nothing for me. That is why I never listen to it.