Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UCC Cobras

The 2014 shop car was white with blue stripes, a little rough around the edges. If it was an old LSC car that might explain it.
    If I decide to proceed, it will be a 10 day build, basically two 5 day sessions. Just waiting on some final pricing.
    Last edited by Rufdriver; 12-26-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    Doug
    Houston, Texas

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    I remember Lone Star had that 7-day build option and knew of someone who utilized it and thought it was great. Learned a lot fast and got a running car quickly. Does UCC offer the same program now.
    I'm now a deplorable terrorist according to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors - and proud of it and my membership in NRA and Gun Owners of America.

He offers a 10 day build program, basically a 2 week build. Does not need to be consecutive days , but they want you to try and keep it within a 30 day window. I think it’s a cool option, I get to assemble all the “ important stuff” and make sure it’s done right, then turn them loose on the paint and body work.
    Doug
    Houston, Texas

Locked in my build today. Here is what I’m going with : 4 link suspension with Moser 9” Ford rear, track bar (panhard), sway bar, Smeding 427 Cobra 560hp motor, Tremec TKO 600, oil cooler, Porsche Slate Grey Metallic sans stripes, blacked out roll bars and exhaust, custom brown leather interior, American Racing 17” , vn427 wheels etc...
    I opted for the 10 day in house build, starting in March, finishing in April and off to paint after that. Hope to hit the road in May or June. I will post as many pics and videos as possible during the build.
    Things may change a little along the way but I’m pretty happy with what I chose. What do y’all think?
    Last edited by Rufdriver; 01-07-2020 at 07:22 AM.
    Doug
    Houston, Texas

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    That sounds like a great setup and I will be looking forward to the pictures.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Sounds good to me Doug and I'm looking forward to your build pictures and videos.

Is the 427 a big block or small block?

it's a 427.

lol!

427 stroker based on a dart block, so I guess it would be a small block. Still going back and forth on some of the options. I can’t wait to get started.
    Doug
    Houston, Texas

Senior Member Funding Member
    Congratulations. Send pics during your build.

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    Congratulations. I'm sure you will be anxious for it to get to your garage.
    I'm now a deplorable terrorist according to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors - and proud of it and my membership in NRA and Gun Owners of America.

Senior Member Funding Member
    Magnolia TX, Between the meth heads and the snotty exurb
    You might think about bringing it out here before you give it to the painter. http://www.texascobrameet.com/ I'll be there barring some major blowup.

Quote Originally Posted by Luce_ View Post
    You might think about bringing it out here before you give it to the painter. http://www.texascobrameet.com/ I'll be there barring some major blowup.
    I’m definitely going to attend, the car won’t be finished, stoked about checking out all the Cobras.
    Doug
    Houston, Texas

Thats a great option . 10 days nowadays is prob 2 years for me. My get up an go got up an went !

I think they’re going to be surprised how fast and efficiently I can work, I built quite a few cars over the years, may not need 10 days.
    Doug
    Houston, Texas