Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Club Cobra dead?

Moderator Funding Member Kevins's Avatar
    I don't have anything over there that I don't have a copy of so wouldn't lose anything if it disappeared. However, there is a wealth of information over there that I'd hate to lose access to.

Kevin

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevins View Post
    I don't have anything over there that I don't have a copy of so wouldn't lose anything if it disappeared. However, there is a wealth of information over there that I'd hate to lose access to.

Kevin
    I would too, especially the manufacturer and dealer reps who provide valuable assistance and guys like Bret on FE issues. I still check it most days but a lot of the old hands have wandered off who provided a lot of help or at least commentary.
    I'm now a deplorable terrorist according to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors - and proud of it and my membership in NRA and Gun Owners of America.

CC helped me tremendously in the early 2000s and we had great discussions. It still is a good database for all your questions. Just search for answers. Basically everything Cobra related had been discussed there. I joined in 2000...

Sometimes I can log on, sometimes I cannot.
    Divel didroux maro pa denn

I find that if I try to log in at www.clubcobra.com, I always have problems (I usually can't get in at all). However, if I log in using the address for one of the subforums like www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/ it almost always works fine without a problem.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Good idea John. I did that a year ago and have been deleting them in my Album there when I happen to get on the site but I don't have anything there now that is worth the bother of deleting.

Ron
    Me too. My photo's are their from way back in 2002 after building my Cobra. Hard to imagine....
    It used to be the happen place. Oh well, Ron has had the happen place for a long time.

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    Chris,

I use the first link that you put in and it works for me most of the time but once in a while I get that You have used your 5 log in attempts, wait 15 minutes and try again message. It is sad to see the site going the way it is as there are a lot of great posts and knowledgeable people there.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by cj428cj View Post
    I find that if I try to log in at www.clubcobra.com/forums I always have problems (I usually can't get in at all). However, if I log in using the address for one of the subforums like www.clubcobra.com/forums/superformance/ it almost always works fine without a problem.

Chris

MY ALBUMS

OK a long winded explanation of why the member that posts over on CC about how he was treated here and was banned. First none of us like to ban anyone and we have only banned two people since the site opened and one of them had already been banned on CC and two other sites before he came here. The one that posted he was banned because he was a liberal never told the complete truth. We have liberals here and they have a right to express their views He was banned because I received 21 PMs and emails from other members complaining about his rather snide and hostile remarks and posts at times as if he just wanted to start a fight and that we do not allow here. It came down to losing 21 members or him and I asked him three or four times to please tone down his rhetoric. The other thing that is not allowed is bad mouthing any other site. It is OK to talk about troubles they may be having or some thread where people are disagreeing rather heatedly, but that happens at times on any site. Talking about other site problems can help people that may have tried to log on and couldn't as they can then see it isn't their equipment. This is mostly for the newer members as the older members already know the way we do things here and it doesn't fit in with the only Cobra way. This is not meant in any way to offend of make anyone angry of feel bad but to try and explain why we took certain steps to stop things from getting out of hand. For the most part feel free to express your views about anything but just do so in a nice and non combative way please. Just as this thread has helped a few people find a way to log back onto CC. That is a good thing as different people have came up with different ways to do so and shared them and none of us want to see that site go down as it has a lot of valuable information there.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Moderator Funding Member James Stern's Avatar
    Well said Ron. We try to accent the positive, not the negative.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Okay James, I dare you to fine one positive thing about me.

Moderator Funding Member Kevins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post

Wow, now there's a challenge!

I use the first link that you put in and it works for me most of the time but once in a while I get that You have used your 5 log in attempts, wait 15 minutes and try again message.
    I've seen that 15 minute message too but even after 15 minutes it never seems to work. I'm surprised it works for anyone. I've tried it on a PC, a Mac, different browsers, from home, from work, with VPN, without VPN, etc. It virtually never works. It's no wonder that the volume of posts on that site are dwindling so much. Just typing in clubcobra.com is probably how most people try to access it with, presumably, rare success. I hate to see it. That used to be such a great site. Hopefully I enjoy this place just as much.
    Last edited by cj428cj; 10-09-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    I see who that is now - wondered what happened to him. Feel a bit bad about that as he was seeking out a lot of help - but he probably would have been better off to never go to the "politics" forum - just stay away and let that part go.
    I'm now a deplorable terrorist according to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors - and proud of it and my membership in NRA and Gun Owners of America.

Dan,

I never answer those type of posts as that just adds to the confusion. And I hardly ever try to log on as many times I can't get on anyway. So best to let that kind of stuff just go unless it is way oput of line.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Using www.clubcobra.com seems to be a problem. I've found using www.clubcobra.com/forums works... for now.
    ~ Building 289 Lemans replica w/ Bruce Chervenak
    ~ 2016 Subaru BRZ track car / Chief Instructor: www.ChinTrackDays.com
    ~ 2015 F150 2.7L Twin Turbo Aluminum Couch
    Pictures--> http://jmimac351.smugmug.com

That works most of the time for me but many times when I try to log on I get that message that I have used my 5 log on attempts and to wait for 15 minutes before trying again. And once in a wjhile it just sets there and times out.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by jmimac351 View Post
    Using www.clubcobra.com seems to be a problem. I've found using www.clubcobra.com/forums works... for now.

MY ALBUMS

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post

Sorry for the delay. You are most prolific poster on our site. Sot there.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Okay, but is that a positive thing?

Mostly good. See, I was positive again.

Senior Member KING Nomad Funding Member nomad's Avatar
    Just home from my STD Exam.

I'm Positive too!
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

In Nomad's case STD stands for Slowly Towards Dementia.