Thread: Webers for sale

Moderator Funding Member James Stern's Avatar

Webers for sale

I thought that I would post this here before I went to the other site:

I have a set of 48 IDA Webers with almost every part (and spares) some of which come from Jim Englese. The set up is for 289/302 Ford. The price is $2500. Pictures on request.

Jim
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

James, as this is a setup for a "300" ( as my 4.7 l Porsche 928) can you please share the venturi and jets numbers .... would be a great help !

this is my setup but now totally blind for jetting… i searched diagrams and came to 36 mm venturis , which i already bought. ( in the IDA 48's were 40 mm )
    Now that can't be very wrong i guess, as my 3.5 l rally BMW uses 36 mm and the 580 cc/cilinder are approx the same.

If you could share those numbers ( idle jet, air corrector, main jet , emulsion tube ) , i could buy them and start tuning with them….

SAM_2819.jpg
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 08-09-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Barry,

You really don't want my settings. Jim Inglese in CONN, USA is a better place to get those numbers. He has a web site dedicated to Webers. I would also strongly believe that any set up for Ford small blocks would be different for BMW or Porsche.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

possible James , depends on the cams i suppose. Because 6000 rpm , 580 cc /cilinder , CR approx 10:1 etc... doens't make any difference if it is a Ford or Porsche... the webers don't know what's under them

I will look at Inglese site but doubt they give settings for different cubic inches....

PS GLWS !

looked at the site , and indeed ,cannot find any settings…. please have a look at what they installed for a 289/302 engine.... thanks…
    Normally the venturi size is marked on top , so you see it from above without the need to remove them.
    For the other numbers you just have to get 1 main jet out from under the little screen , to see main jet , air corrector and emulsion tube.
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 08-10-2019 at 05:24 AM.

Barry,

I will look at what I have got in the next couple of days.

Jim

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Sorry you could not get them sorted out and are selling them James. They look great.