Thread: Factory Five For Sale

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar

Factory Five For Sale

So far the price hasn't gotten out of control. I saw a couple of really nice ones sell at the Mecum auction for $25/30K.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-shelby-cobra-34/

Ron

MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Nice looking car but as always I'm not a fan of the 18 inch wheels.

I wonder how he registered it in Massachusetts?? It isn't an easy state to do that. Nice looking car. $70k n it !!
    Last edited by Grumpy; 06-29-2019 at 06:05 AM.

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    I don't know about their registration process there but here in California it would be next to impossible to register it now that it was registered in another state.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Mass wants it to pass smog and lots more of "jump threw the hoops" stuff . Had a guy local to me when I was in Mass with a CSX car. They registered it an took the 7% sales tax (100K) fine. They even gave it a plate. Then went to get a inspection sticker an told him he had to get it to smog. Crazy !! In NH I went in an out in 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Nice looking car but as always I'm not a fan of the 18 inch wheels.
    I agree but, we are running out of good 15" tires. I have the Good Year II's and don't know what I'll choose when their worn out.

Nice car though.

Senior Member Funding Member Al G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 427HISS View Post
    I agree but, we are running out of good 15" tires. I have the Good Year II's and don't know what I'll choose when their worn out.

Nice car though.
    Cooper has the right sizes in 15". I was very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    I don't know about their registration process there but here in California it would be next to impossible to register it now that it was registered in another state.

Ron
    Here in Ne. back in 2002 when I wanted to register mine after the build, I had the MSO from Lone Star Classic (every car has a vin tag and recognized as a manufacture in Texas), bill of sale for the kit, insurance and called the Sherriff over for the inspection. All passed, but when I tried to get my title, the clerk said I need a previous title, so I got a hold of the Sherriff and he said, give this man a title, but no dice. So, I actually told the Sherriff I can get one from a junk yard in back of a Hot Rod magazine, and he replied, do it !

So I got a 1966 Ford Convertible title for $20.00. Went back to the courthouse and got one in 10 minutes. So rather than paying my fair due for my insurance company's valve of the car (I asked to stay below 40k on taxes) yearly, I pay $36.00. Now, people have a choice between a home built or assemble vehicle to title kit cars. Ne. lost a shit load of money of taxes for many years. Me,....I just smile as I got it cheap. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Al G View Post
    Cooper has the right sizes in 15". I was very happy with them.
    I did see that.

Up to $31k with 2 days left. I really like new motors in older cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 427HISS View Post

Nice car though.
    Well personally Kevin I think the Goodyear II's are one of the worst tires on the market. My Cobra had them on it when I bought it and after I got comfortable with the car I started pushing them in safe areas. The damn things just let go. No warning and no recovery. You got to the limit and that was it. One moment fine, and the next you were heading into the woods backwards.

I went with the Goodyear Billboards and they were nice tires. Let you know you were reaching the limit and you could even steer them with the throttle. And needless to say the limits were much higher than with the GY II's.

My senior bride and I took a month long trip in the Cobra and I figured I needed some DOT approved tires. Went with the Avons. Spendy but they were very nice tires. Once again they had all the positive attributes of the GY BB's but the limits were not quite has high. The total set of 4 Avons weighted 50 pounds more then the GY BB's and that was all unsprung weight. If I had kept the car I was going back to the GY BB's.

Senior Member KING Nomad Funding Member nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Up to $31k with 2 days left. I really like new motors in older cars.
    Grumpy, I like new motors with new cars as well.

Hate it when I drive a car out of the Showroom,

and it has someone's 17 year old motor in it.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Grumpy, I like new motors with new cars as well.

Hate it when I drive a car out of the Showroom,

and it has someone's 17 year old motor in it.
    You should hear what your child bride says about you.