Thread: NASCARS Newest Plan

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar

NASCARS Newest Plan

Well I guess things are really getting worse. This is a rather long post but I wanted to get the whole NASCAR idea in.

NASCAR has a plan to boost attendance and ratings: betting on races. NASCAR has signed an exclusive data partnership with Genius Sports, a deal they believe will lead to an in-race betting product and help battle slumping attendance and TV ratings. According to Hashtag Sports, currently, bets on NASCAR races are few and far between at U.S. sports books, who often only have head-to-head options or odds on the race winner. Genius will use up-to-the-second data points like car speed and track position to build a betting product that the London-based company can sell to sports books. Exclusive access to the data will allow Genius to create a betting platform that provides traditional wagers-like who will win-and prop bets such as the number of lead changes or whether a Chevy will end up in victory lane. Sports leagues and teams typically see increased engagement when live betting is offered. Not only does it attract new fans, but live betting keeps them engaged for longer periods of time. NASCAR is hoping for the same response as support for the racing circuit both in-person and on TV declines.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    {radio crackles to life}: “Hey Kenseth! Ease up on this last lap and finish second behind Busch. Owner just plopped down a couple million dollars on Busch for the win (at 3:1 real-time odds) and the team stands to earn more if you lose.”

They are only treating the symptoms and not coming up with a cure.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    There will never be a cure so long as the France family controls everything. They no longer care about racing, just money, booze, and dope.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    There will never be a cure so long as the France family controls everything. They no longer care about racing, just money, booze, and dope.

Ron
    What? No women?????

Banned Funding Member
    The betting idea is pitiful.