Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra floor matts

Port Charlotte, FL & Virginia Beach, VA (snowbird)

Cobra floor matts

Years ago I bought a set of these generic black floor matts from Finish Line with the traditional AC Cobra embroidered logo on them. They no longer stock them, just the matts for a FFR. Does anyone have a source for them? Mine are totally shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    I believe that Superformance still sells them, but they are tailored to fit their Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I believe that Superformance still sells them, but they are tailored to fit their Cobra.
    Yeah, if you want "Superformance" on them too. I'd rather put my feet on folded newspaper. lol...

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by undy1 View Post
    Yeah, if you want "Superformance" on them too. I'd rather put my feet on folded newspaper. lol...
    Well, not necessarily true. If you know the right people at Hillbank you can get a set made without the logo. I did. Not sure they do a custom order for everyone but since I used to be local and know the owner maybe I got a favor?
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    Cobra Restorers has these but they are rather expensive.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Cobra Restorers has these but they are rather expensive.

Ron
    Ouch! You're right on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by undy1 View Post
    Mine just had the Cobra emblem is all.

I'm amazed that simple rectangular shape like those pictured, would even fit in a roadster. What roadster has that much width at the front of the footbox?

My mats are custom cut, to allow for the tranny tunnel as it widens towards the front.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Any reputable car interior shop can make them and have them embroidered. Or is that too expensive in the US?
    no signature

Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    I'm amazed that simple rectangular shape like those pictured, would even fit in a roadster. What roadster has that much width at the front of the footbox?

My mats are custom cut, to allow for the tranny tunnel as it widens towards the front.
    It was a acceptable fit and at 80 bucks for the pair I lived with it. The main problem they were the cheapest carpet you can buy and immediately started to wear. On the "other" Cobra forum I've got a lead on a company that will custom make a set with a very good grade of carpet. The biggie, they have the correct Cobra logo too. I don't have a price yet and will be calling them tomorrow.

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Any reputable car interior shop can make them and have them embroidered. Or is that too expensive in the US?
    It’s not. The plain black ones that I got from Hillbank fit my Superformance footwells like a glove and I recall paying $175 for the pair. These are specialty cars so expect specialty prices, accordingly.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

A lot of shops won't even attempt the logo due to copywrite laws that they perceive to be in place. I do think that it would be VERY expensive.

Undy,

I saw your thread on the other site and I hope that company works out as I was interested when they said they use a tip quality carpet.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Quote Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
    It’s not. The plain black ones that I got from Hillbank fit my Superformance footwells like a glove and I recall paying $175 for the pair. These are specialty cars so expect specialty prices, accordingly.
    Dean hit the nail on the head.

When I had my Jeep it had the Buick 225 V6 in it. If you went to the Jeep dealer for a motor part it was 2 to 3 times more expensive than it cost at the Buick dealer.

And you can't blame Hillbank or Superformance for the pricing. They are a very limited production vehicles so they cannot distribute their development cost of 10's or 100's of thousand vehicles.

I agree with your statement but Hill (rob the bank is)Bank is absurd. I have purchased parts for my Superformance from other dealers at prices 50% less than the bandits in Southern Kalifornia

I agree Dominik. Making a simple floor mat and having it embroidered is not rocket science. We have made our own many times before at a minimal cost, and if a mook like me can do it, then...

In our case, we shape and cut the general mat design, and the edging and embroiding is done by service provider for what I consider, a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou1119 View Post
    I agree with your statement but Hill (rob the bank is)Bank is absurd. I have purchased parts for my Superformance from other dealers at prices 50% less than the bandits in Southern Kalifornia
    I can't comment on Hillbank, but I generally agree with Lou's sentiment.

Out here in the sticks, if we need something custom made for a Cobra, and if the service provider asks, we usually say it is for an old car we're restoring. The quoted prices are then usually reasonable.

If we mention the word "Cobra", the price immediately gets inflated without fail. I do accept that service providers also need to cover their costs and make a profit, but they also have to be reasonable.

Often, they are not reasonable and as necessity and budget dictate, we then develop the capability "in-house"...
    Last edited by GianM; 03-15-2021 at 02:32 AM.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Finishline sells mats at a reasonable price with the Cobra logo. As you can see they are custom cut to fit the various models of the FFR roadsters. The ones pictured are the older style ones, and are slightly different then my MK3. Perhaps you could ask Finishline for the dimensions of the later models, and see if they would be suitable for your car?

https://www.finishlineaccessories.co...-mats-ffr.aspx
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Finishline sells mats at a reasonable price with the Cobra logo. As you can see they are custom cut to fit the various models of the FFR roadsters. The ones pictured are the older style ones, and are slightly different then my MK3. Perhaps you could ask Finishline for the dimensions of the later models, and see if they would be suitable for your car?

https://www.finishlineaccessories.co...-mats-ffr.aspx
    Their FFR mats bears no resemblance to my mats. They used to carry the generic mats, as shown above. I ended up going with Quality Car Mats that was suggested here and they're making me a custom set for +/- $100. I sent them them two templates. In addition, Tony with Cobranda had the 5 1/2" diameter AC Cobra logo patches as shown above. They were only 11 bucks each. Quality Mats agreed to sew them on my specified locations. I'll post pics when I receive them.

I just received and installed my custom mats from Quality Car Mats and they're outstanding, perfect fit. They were $89.50, delivered in their premium pile. I got the 5 3/4" AC Cobra patches from Cobranda and they installed the patches too. They had a 2 day turn-around with free shipping. I highly recommend them!custom mats.jpgcustom mats1.jpgcustom mats2.jpg

David,

Those look great and they should last for a long time too. They did great work making them.

Ron

MY ALBUMS