Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 C8 Corvette SPECS have BEEN officially RELEASED by GENERAL MOTORS

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar

2021 C8 Corvette SPECS have BEEN officially RELEASED by GENERAL MOTORS

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    I canít picture how end-to-end stripes on that C8 design will actually look better. That and the optional big rear wing shows that they are playing to the Fast & Furious crowd to sell more cars. The target market has clearly shifted. Not saying thatís bad...itís just reality.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    I read something about people who had their order in for a 2020 are being told their spots are being cancelled and they can re-submit for a 2021 allocation. Not sure if I have all the particulars of that worded completely correct. Wonder if Undy1 has had to re-submit for a 2021?

I did have my first sighting the other day when I passed a white 2020. Too brief to size it up completely but it did look exotic.
    I'm now a deplorable terrorist according to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors - and proud of it and my membership in NRA and Gun Owners of America.

Dan,

A friend of mine who has had an order in for a 2020 for over a year told me some time back they had told him it would be here in September I think it was.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member
    I saw a 2020 one sold on Mecum in Indy for $97K, if I remember correctly. It was white also.

Senior Member Funding Member
    One of our clients who I work on his 67 had the first new c8 in the area. I was at his house and got in and fired it up but his wife was not going to let me out of the garage with it. Sounded good, interior was annoying, outside looks okay except the back the engine cover are always going to look trashed from wash or rain because it drains onto the engine. He was pretty scared of it (another story) and only had 270 miles on it, he sold it back through the dealership and made more than I usually spend on a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmark390 View Post
    ...except the back the engine cover are always going to look trashed from wash or rain because it drains onto the engine.
    That also was something I did not expect the first time I saw one in person. In fact, the owner was quick to point it out before he even lifted the back hatch (as if to be embarrassed to even bring it up). How did Chevrolet whiff on that?!?
    -Dean

I got an update last Thursday from my salesman that I just went to status 3300 (scheduled for production) with a target production week of 8/17. It's getting real now, especially since I've been waiting over a year already for delivery.

Undy,

A friend of mine that ordered one over a year ago got a notification that his should be ready either late this month or by the middle of next month. I hope that you get your s on schedule and will post some pictures.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Undy1 - what color and options did you order?
    I'm now a deplorable terrorist according to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors - and proud of it and my membership in NRA and Gun Owners of America.

The color, as pictured in my Avatar, is Torch Red w/ a black carbon flash full length racing stripe. The trim level is 2LT (middle of the road). The interior is Adrenaline Red. I have Z51 suspension/performance option with carbon flash black wheels.

Ron, will post pictures after I receive it. I won't have much time to enjoy it before it goes under the car cover and on the battery maintainer though. We'll be heading for SW Florida to our other home on the Gulf. I've really grown fond of those 80 degree mid-February days there. The Cobra and the 2nd Harley are the Florida toys while the C8 and the other Harley are the Virginia Beach toys. Gotta love retirement!Corvette Stingray 2020.jpgCorvette Stingray seats - Copy.jpgCorvette Stingray engine - Copy - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by undy1; 08-01-2020 at 05:48 AM.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    I have been reading on the Corvette forum that those that modify their engines for more power are having transmission/clutch problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I have been reading on the Corvette forum that those that modify their engines for more power are having transmission/clutch problems.
    The DCT is rated to 662 TQ and the half shafts a bit less. The guys breaking things are running nitrous or twin turbos. Also, the PCM nut hasn't been cracked yet so everyone's unable to tune the vehicle for the mods done. That's a slippery slope that's back firing for many now.

They also said the clutches were slipping.

I was at a car show last week and one attendee said that they are (or have) worked on a fix to keep water out of the engine bay area. I have not had a chance to research this yet on the Corvette forums.
    -Dean

undy1, a nice color combo and happy for you that your build is finally in the production queue. Exciting!
    -Dean

I agree Dean. Hopefully nothing else happens to delay it further. However I'm thinking an alien invasion will be next.

That should be a nice color combination and set of options. Hope it comes in on schedule.

I just got word yesterday that my car has advanced to 3400 status. I now have my VIN and it will be built Wednesday or Thursday of next week. It's getting real...

I’d suggest going to Bowling Green and watch them build it. BUT, I doubt they are giving tours at this time AND you most definitely don’t want to watch them build your own car. You just see stuff in actual production that sort of makes you say “WTF?!?” to yourself. Very exciting news though!
    -Dean