Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Log in trouble on other site.

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar

Iím sort of having a techno meltdown this week. My old laptop got tired of abuse and the screen gradually started to go away. When it was no longer readable I bought a new laptop and asked them to pull the hard drive out of the old one and transfer the files off it to the new one. I assumed either the screen or video processor had gone bad. Well, they called after two days and said they were unable to find any partitions on the hard drive (files I guess) so basically I ended up with a new computer with nothing on it - the desktop on the new laptop literally had two icons. They said they didnít know what the problem was and I might have to send the hard drive to Toshiba to see if the could extract the files. Fortunately my photos were backed up and a few documents also but I lost most docs and favorites. And ATT - my provider - canít even get their support site working to let me download their virus protection. And it took me about 2 hours to get the damn thing to connect to our WiFi.

So to the current issue, I re-established most of my forum links but when I got to the ďotherĒ Cobra forum it will not let me log in. After 5 tries it lets me request a temp password but it doesnít actually send one to my email. And to add insult to injury it keeps saying my answer to the random question that makes sure Iím not a bot, is wrong. Apparently the answer to 1x3x3 is no longer 9. New math I guess.

So - any one else having trouble with the other site today???
    I'm now a deplorable terrorist according to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors - and proud of it and my membership in NRA and Gun Owners of America.

Senior Member Funding Member
    Yes, I tried to log in this morning and it failed and said I had to wait 15 minutes and try again so I just moved on. Haven't tried since.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Reynolds View Post
    Yes, I tried to log in this morning and it failed and said I had to wait 15 minutes and try again so I just moved on. Haven't tried since.
    Yes, that sounds like the same deal. Guess I just need to give it a rest until tomorrow.
    I'm now a deplorable terrorist according to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors - and proud of it and my membership in NRA and Gun Owners of America.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Generally I do not go there unless someone asks if you are also having problems.

I just checked and had no problems accessing the site.

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Sorry that I can’t help, Dan, as I followed Ron’s recommendation and always stay logged in. Now I’m afraid to log out and test it for you.LOL
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar
    Dan,

My computer automatically does a clean up ever so often and it cleaned the cookies out so when I tried to log onto that site yesterday morning the first try gave me that You have used your 5 log in attempts. I went back later and got on so I can get in now as I just stay logged on. You can hide your name if you don't want people to see that you are logged on which is what I do. I just looked and never saw any thread over there about anyone having trouble getting on. I think several of the ones who spend a lot of time there stay logged in.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Tried again this morning. Still telling me the answer to 3x3x1 is not 9. I wish someone would straighten out that forum website some day.

Spoke to soon - finally took the temp password it sent yesterday and allowed me to reset my password - to what it has always been for 12 - 13 years. What a deal.
    Last edited by DanEC; 06-07-2020 at 03:52 AM.

Dan,

This time just stay logged in and you won't have to go through this again unless your computer cleans the cookies out.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member
    I could log in ok this morning.

I usually do stay logged in but when I had to start over with this blank-slate laptop I had to search all my forums and log into them initially. This was the only one that gave me any trouble.

Well it happened to me, again. Same issues as others have reported. That is one FUBAR web site.
    -Dean

I just checked and I can still access the site and I also tried a couple threads and had no issues.

Dean,

Did you log out of there for some reason. I think most of the people are stayting logged in as it is so hard to get back on once you log out.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

That could be it Ron. I never log out unless it knocks me off for some reason.

John, the other day when my computed did it's maintencnce and deleted the cookies I couldn't get back on there all day. I have now set my computer to leave that alone.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member KING Nomad Funding Member nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    That could be it Ron. I never log out unless it knocks me off for some reason.
    knocked one off lately?
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Funny you should mention that Nomad. Just this morning I thought about it and then nothing happened. As usual.

In 15 years I have never had a single instance of log in trouble, nor have I ever had a problem posting a pic or anything else for that matter. Now, when the scripts were not being kept up, that was another story.

I log in via the backdoor of a mail notification link about a thread I follow. Otherwise I can't.. Since years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Dean,

Did you log out of there for some reason. I think most of the people are stayting logged in as it is so hard to get back on once you log out.

Ron
    Ron, all I did was clear my cache/history. If I really have to ask a question there I’ll just create another user ID (#4) and start over.
    -Dean