Thread: NASCAR Races This Afternoon

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar

NASCAR Races This Afternoon

Well this afternoon is the two qualifying races for the Daytona 500. If they go like the first race they may not have enough cars to run the 500. I also saw a piece about their TV contract being up this year and that TV was only offering 1/2 of what they get now but I am not sure if that is true or just some more wild guessing.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Lets see, watch the races or poke my eyes out with a fork.

Now where did I put my fork?

And it's funny. Many years ago I would take today off from work and have a bunch of friends over so we could watch the races, drink beer and eat track food. CRAPCAR ruined that tradition for us.

Senior Member Funding Member 95CobraR's Avatar
    I'll be recording the two qualifying races tonight on my DVR.

It will be the same for the Daytona 500. I'll record it and then watch some of it w/o the commercials.

I like watching all car racing via DVR. F-1 has been commercial free for the last two years, but I still record it since most of the F-1 races are early Sunday morning. [Not sure about this year as it relates to commercials.]
    Doc
    2019 Ford Shelby GT350
    2020 Porsche 911

Senior Member Funding Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    I live 20 miles from Daytona International Speedway and plan to watch none of it. LOL
    But a lot of car cruises and shows on Saturday so I will probably (weather permitting) take the Cobra onto International Speedway Blvd and mix it up with all the other street rods and muscle cars.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Quote Originally Posted by 95CobraR View Post
    I'll be recording the two qualifying races tonight on my DVR.

It will be the same for the Daytona 500. I'll record it and then watch some of it w/o the commercials.

I like watching all car racing via DVR. F-1 has been commercial free for the last two years, but I still record it since most of the F-1 races are early Sunday morning. [Not sure about this year as it relates to commercials.]
    From what I have read so far Doc the F1 races will once again be commercial free.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
    I live 20 miles from Daytona International Speedway and plan to watch none of it. LOL
    But a lot of car cruises and shows on Saturday so I will probably (weather permitting) take the Cobra onto International Speedway Blvd and mix it up with all the other street rods and muscle cars.
    That's all good with me. I have never paid for a ticket nor spent money in the Daytona beach economy on Nascar races.

I did spend $10,000 on each HSR vintage race at Daytona (including beer, gas, transportation, rooms, and other stuff). That is done now. Been there, done that.

The Nascar dudes would give us a big lecture about staying low and let faster cars pass high. No racer listens to anyone as I was passing low and getting passed low and high.
    Doc
    2019 Ford Shelby GT350
    2020 Porsche 911

HSR Sebring was much harder. They lined us up on the main straight due to qualifying times and sent us out on the green flag for 4 hours.

We finished and got a $5 trophy.
    Doc
    2019 Ford Shelby GT350
    2020 Porsche 911