Thread: Is This The Charger From Bullit

Administrator Funding Member Ron77's Avatar

Is This The Charger From Bullit

He seems to have a lot of the things that would make it seem to be one of the two. The other one was blown up in the gas station scene but this one has the holes for the camera mounts.

https://bringatrailer.com/2013/01/14...dodge-charger/

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 08-16-2019 at 08:10 AM.

MY ALBUMS

$1 mil... and he THINKS this is the rel deal.. ummmmm NO Now I did have a 66 Shelby convert that had 2 special holes. One of the first things the buyer looked for. I laughed as he asked about it. I gotta get some pics up.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Were they bullet holes from real bullets?

Grumpy,

From the way I read that they weren't to sure about this car. It does fit a lot of the criteria for one of the originals but I would want more paper work before I sprung for it being one of the originals.

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Senior Member Funding Member DanEC's Avatar
    I thought the Bullet Charger was a torqueflite and not 4-speed. Could be wrong. Maybe they had one of each.
    Our world is not divided by Race, Color, Gender or Religion. Our world is divided into wise people and fools. And fools divide themselves by Race, Color, Gender or Religion.

Nelson Mandela

"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f--- things up."

Barack Obama

Dan,

The one in the chase scene in town was a four speed but the one they blew up was an automatic. I found the one they used in the chase scene at the 2011 Sema Show and if you stop the video at about the 39 second mark I think it is you can see the shifter handle sticking up from the floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4fzM5TkNjg

Ron

MY ALBUMS

Ron - good to know. I would have given about anything to have owned a 68 Charger back then. Probably repeating my stories but after I sold my 64 Sport Fury I found a 68 black Hemi Charger on the used car lot. this was about 71 I think and they only wanted $2,000 for it from memory. Went back later in the evening to see about test driving it and maybe purchasing it. When I got there I found some clown had come in after my earlier visit and found the keys in the car and took off around the parking lot in it doing do-nuts, etc. He shredded the front tires on it and a mechanic had to finally run out with a big wrench and bust the drivers window out and haul him out of the car. They did let me drive it - after sweeping all the broken glass out of the way - but I thought man, this is sort of bad karma and dropped it and found a 70 GTO a few weeks later. Always one of my regrets in my early years.
    Our world is not divided by Race, Color, Gender or Religion. Our world is divided into wise people and fools. And fools divide themselves by Race, Color, Gender or Religion.

Nelson Mandela

Barack Obama

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Funding Member Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Hmmmmmmm.

Hemi Charger or GTO? I was never a GTO fan so that would have been a no brainer for me. And since I don't have much of a brain it would have been even easier.

I liked the GTO with it's Muncie 4 speed and Fisher coachwork - but yeah, I've always had regrets passing on that big Hemi Charger.

Nelson Mandela

Barack Obama

Did anybody track down the beetle which they overtook during the race? That should be worth $200.000
    Last edited by dominik; 03-19-2021 at 02:31 AM.
    no signature

Hollywood is slick - if you notice the chase scene in Bourne Identity you will notice two different Mini Coopers in the same chase.